Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Midnight Meeting; Percy Jackson Quest RP
Topic Started: 12 Aug 2015, 06:34 PM (1,493 Views)
The
This is the first try at the illiterate style of RP (i.e. *shouts* Hey // *walks away*). You can write as much or as little as you want (although aiming for a sentence is worthwhile). There won't be sign-ups: develop your character in your head, but lets not let anyone else know how they're going to act - that could be interesting.

Plot: everyone has been summoned to the campfire to select the champions. Alternate Universe - no canons allowed.

Begin!
Member Avatar
Former Named Director
Quote Offline Profile
Bug
off-topic: Who chooses what god we represent?
Member Avatar

Quote Offline Profile
The
Good point. Due to the rarity of big 3 children, we'll say no big 3 children allowed. All others can be decided based on your preference, but again, don't reveal it in a character profile - it can come out in RP.

Edit: just realised that I should say that only Camp Half Blood is known about, the others aren't.
Edited by The, 13 Aug 2015, 04:00 PM.
Member Avatar
Former Named Director
Quote Offline Profile
flying cat
I have my character and everything down. But quick question. Do we start in camp half blood? Or do we make our way to the Camp over time?
Member Avatar
Elected Staff
Quote Offline Profile
The
Start in CHB. Any more questions can be asked in the OOC BBCode tags, so get RPing :)
Member Avatar
Former Named Director
Quote Offline Profile
Bug
off-topic: yeah, do you have a list of all the gods & goddess? & do you have a schedule to follow for camp half blood?[edit_reason]added off topic[/edit_reason]
Edited by Bug, 16 Aug 2015, 08:20 AM.
Member Avatar

Quote Offline Profile
The
[ooc]http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Deities The first two sections in particular may be helpful. As for the schedule, no I don't have one, and can't find one after a brief search. If anyone (Taz :puppyeyes: ) wants to dig out one of Percy's school reports at the back of the original series, then that would give a good idea of a schedule. Although developing the "receiving a quest" plot will be enough in itself I reckon.

Remember that you can be illiterate or literate in your replies - we don't care which :)[/ooc]

James stood at the campfire, waiting for the others to appear. He'd received word that a quest must be undertaken, and he needed to choose the three people going on it. They should have nearly arrived by now.
Member Avatar
Former Named Director
Quote Offline Profile
flying cat
Robin was really confused. He had arrived in Camp Half Blood about three days ago and no one had given him a manual on how things worked around here. Well.. He didn't need a manual, but he did certainly need a person that could guide him around and tell him how the place worked. So far, he had tried offering help and being interactive but without much avail. So as of now, Robin sat next to the campfire, reading one of the books that he had brought with him from his old house in Baltimore. Nearby sat a more senior camper, who looked like he was waiting for someone.
"Well," thought Robin in his head, "There's no disadvantage to trying to talk to him.." especially since at this point he could barely see the words on the page anymore, and bringing the book any closer to the fire would probably set it aflame.
"Hello," he said to the person on the log. "Are you waiting for anyone?"[edit_reason]Grammar Mistake[/edit_reason]
Edited by flying cat, 17 Aug 2015, 01:26 AM.
Member Avatar
Elected Staff
Quote Offline Profile
The
James was surprised when the kid asked the question. As one of the oldest and most senior campers in the Camp, he had thought most people knew him by now. So, before even having turned to him, he guessed he was new. "New, are you? Nobody shown you how things are around here?" Since a couple of the older campers had left on a quest the previous year, and never returned, a feeling of gloominess had settled on the camp, and James wasn't surprised to realise that nobody was helping the new campers anymore. "You been claimed yet? Not that you know what that is, do you?" He considered his own claiming almost five years ago now, and his Cabin that he had been taken into. Now he was the Cabin Counsellor, and he supposed he should be putting on a better show to this new camper. Hell, even the book the kid was reading smacked to him of knowledge, and he wondered whether the boy might be another child of Athena. Perhaps he should welcome him more so now he realised this, seeing as he might be in his own cabin. "And the answer to your question is yes. Just the whold bloody camp. I hope they turn up soon." He was deeply irritated that his summons had been left so long without anyone turning up, and he started to wonder if there was a reason of any kind. People didn't normally miss quest meetings, even after the disaster.

[ooc]I keep getting carried away. I can't write illiterately :tut: [/ooc]
Member Avatar
Former Named Director
Quote Offline Profile
Bug
Blake runs out of a bush shouting to james "i'm here!" He continues to run until he got close enough to them that he tripped and just rolled right next to james. Out of breath blake tells him "sorry, for being late". Then blake notices that james was talking to a new camper and jumps right up to proper introduce himself. "Hello, I'm blake and who are you?" [edit_reason]fixed a little grammar mistake [/edit_reason]
Edited by Bug, 17 Aug 2015, 04:24 PM.
Member Avatar

Quote Offline Profile
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Role-Playing and Plots · Next Topic »
Add Reply